Cleaning and maintenance
If you have a Silestone benchtops in your kitchen, you enjoy a product with exceptional beauty and durability. If you want to prolong these characteristics, we are going to help you to properly clean your kitchen and keep it like the first day.
Very hot pots and pans should never be placed on stone surfaces as they can occasionally cause serious consequences to the appearance of the material. It is always recommended to use a pan stand/trivet on which to place hot objects after using them to cook.
DO NOT use cleaners such as de-greasers, oven cleaners and bleach on the benchtops If this type of product comes into contact with work surface remove swiftly with a damp cloth and dry the area with paper towels
Q-Action is a cleaner specially designer for the deep cleaning of benchtops. Q-Action has properties that make it an unique product in the market:
- It keeps the benchtop as beautiful as the first day.
- Highlight the shine before each application.
- Cleans all kind of stains (wine, oil, lemon, marker…).
- With Ph protector for the care of your hands.
- With self-drying components and natural soaps
Do not use water repellents or sealants to bring out the luster
- Once it has been installed, the sheen on Silestone is the natural sheen/luster of the product itself
- Sealants and water repellents provide an artificial, ephemeral shine.
- Do not use paint strippers, caustic soda, or products with a ph of more than 10.
- If bleach or solvent is used, it should be diluted with water and never left in permanent contact with the product.
Bleach and Solvent
Bleach and solvent can continue to affect the product 12 hours later.
- Do not use chlorine-based products like dichloromethane (present in paint stripper)
- The surface of the material should not be re-polished - either on floors or on a benchtop.
- Do not use degreasing agents such as those used in oven cleaners.
- Keep Silestone separate from sources of heat (deep-fat fryers, etc.).
Although Silestone can withstand high temperatures for short periods of time, its performance varies with respect to different factors like thickness, color, location, etc. For this reason, it is not recommended that the product be exposed to sustained contact with a heat source, nor should hot saucepans, frying pans, deep-fat fryers, etc be placed on it. The use of a hot pad or trivet is recommended in such situations.
Do not place Silestone outdoors or in places with UV lighting.
- Over the years the colour and shade of Silestone products may suffer from the effect of the sun's rays.
- We always recommend placing hot objects on top of hot pads.
High resistance: Acis, Oils, Coffee, Wine, Soft Drinks, etc.
Do not use under any circumstance: Hydrofluoric acid, Dichloromethane, NaOH - caustic soda, paint strippers
Bleach: Do not use for maintenance. When this product remains on the surface for more than 12 hours, it may lose its sheen.
Alkaline cleaning products with Ph>12: Do not use for maintenance: when this product remains on the surface for more than 12 hours, it may lose its sheen.
Trichloroethylene: This may be used to remove a specific stain. After scrubbing, wipe off the product with clean water.
Acetone: This may be used to remove a specific stain. After scrubbing, wipe off the product with clean water.
Paint thinners: This may be used to remove a specific stain. After scrubbing, wipe off the product with clean water.